Syracuse Stage will offer pay-what-you-will tickets for this season’s shows

Syracuse Stage artistic director Bob Hupp said he hopes the new policy will encourage more people to attend performances.

See a Syracuse Stage performance for whatever fits your budget. The professional theatre will sell 76 tickets, on a first-come-first-served basis, for every show in its 2017-18 season.

The first three pay-what-you-will theatre performances will be “The Three Musketeers” on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 7:30 p.m. and “The Wizard of Oz” on Sunday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m.

“We believe everyone should be able to attend theatre and we’re working to make sure Syracuse Stage is accessible to all,” said Bob Hupp, artistic director at Syracuse Stage, in a press release. “Sometimes cost is a barrier, but we hope everyone will make Syracuse Stage a part of their lives. In today’s society we are so often isolated, yet the theatre provides a rare opportunity for us to have a communal experience together.”

Patrons must claim the tickets in person at the Syracuse Stage Box Office, located at 820 East Genesee St., on the day of the performance. The box office opens at 10 a.m. and remains open through the start of the show. The pay-what-you-will tickets will be limited to two tickets per person.